Healthy Buildings (Ireland) Ltd herein referred to as “HBE” are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information.
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy, if you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Who we are
This Privacy Notice applies to all products, applications and services offered by Healthy Buildings (Ireland) Ltd t/a HBE, a private limited company incorporated in Northern Ireland with registered number NI036796. Our registered office is Craigmore House, 19 Millvale Road, Newry, Down, Northern Ireland, BT35 7NH. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number ZA047473
How we collect information
We will collect information from you if you:
- Register to use our website, applications or services (including free demos); this will include your name, address, email address and telephone number. We may ask you to provide additional information about your business and preferences on a voluntary basis;
- Place an order for services on our website, applications or services; this will include your name (including business name), address, contact details (including telephone number and email address) and your payment details;
- Complete online forms (including call back requests), take part in surveys, write posts on any message boards, post any blogs, enter any competitions or prize draws, download information such as white papers or other publications, or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website or within our application or service or which we offer to you from time to time;
- Interact with us using social media;
- Provide your contact details to us when registering to use or accessing any product or service we provide (including any Apps we may offer);
- Contact us offline for example by telephone, fax, SMS, email or post.
- We also collect information about your visit to our website or use of our products or services using cookies or similar technologies.
- We also collect information from your devices (including mobile devices) and applications you use to access and use any of our websites, applications or services (for example, we may collect the device identification number and type, location information and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history and your web log information) and we will ask for your permission before we do so. We may do this using cookies or similar technologies.
Providing us with information about others
- If you provide us with personal information about someone else, you are responsible for ensuring that you comply with any obligation and consent obligations under applicable data protection laws in relation to such disclosure. In so far as required by applicable data protection laws, you must ensure that you have provided the required notices and have obtained the individual’s explicit consent to provide us with the information and that you explain to them how we collect, use, disclose and retain their personal information or direct them to read our Privacy Notice.
What we use your information for
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we use your information to provide any information and services that you have requested. We may also contact you for feedback on your use of our products, services or our website. We may use your information for marketing purposes as described below. We may also use and analyse the information that we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our website and the products and services we offer.
HBE may collect Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service or manage our relationship with you – Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalise user experience – We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- Provide you with location-based services (for example, advertising and other personalised content), where we collect geo-location data.
- To send periodic emails – We may use the email address to send you information and updates pertaining to our Products or service. It may also be used to respond to your enquiries, questions, and/or other requests. Users of our products and services will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we retain information about you after the closure of your HBE account or if you decide not to proceed following your enquiry. This information will be held and used for as long as permitted for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention and legitimate business purposes.
We may obtain information through mobile applications that you or your users install on their mobile devices to access and use our website, applications or services or which you or your users use to provide other services related to that mobile application (for example, to sync information from our application or service with such mobile application).
Mobile applications may provide us with information related to a user’s use of that mobile application and use of our applications and services accessed using that mobile application. We may use such information to provide and improve the mobile application or our own application or services. For example, activity undertaken within a mobile application may be logged.
You can configure our mobile application’s privacy settings on your device but this may affect the performance of that mobile application and the way it interacts with our applications and services.
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you with details about our products and services which we feel may be of interest to you. We may also share your information with our group companies, who may contact you with information about related products or services which we feel may be of interest to you. We or they may wish to contact you for this purpose by telephone, post or email. We never share information with other third parties for marketing purposes.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
You have the right to object to us processing your data based on our legitimate interests, and if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include clear unsubscribe links at the bottom of each email or you can contact us via our website or email email@example.com
Please note that If you object to HBE holding data about you, this may affect our ability to provide certain services and/or solutions for your benefit and in compliance with legislation.
Third party platform advertising
Where you respond to communications we post on third-party platforms (such as Facebook, Google and Twitter), we may also share your information with those third parties in order to serve targeted advertising/content to you via the relevant third party platform based on your profile/interests. Your information is used by the third-party platform provider to identify your account and serve advertisements to you. You can control what advertisements you receive via the privacy settings on the relevant provider’s platform and you should consult the third party’s help/support centre for more information.
Sharing your information
We do not sell, trade, or rent users personal identification information to other parties. We may share your information with any company within the HBE Group, for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
- our employees and specialist sub-contractors or third parties which process information on our behalf (e.g. internet service and platform providers, payment processing providers and those organisations we engage to help us send communications to you) so that they may help us to provide you with the applications, products, services and information you have requested or which we believe is of interest to you;
- that may help us to provide you with the applications, products, services and information you have requested or which we believe is of interest to you;
- third parties where you have a relationship with that third party and you have consented to us sending information (for example social media sites or other third-party application providers);
- our group professional advisors and auditors for the purpose of seeking professional advice or to meet our audit responsibilities;
- another organisation if we sell or buy (or negotiate to sell or buy) any business or assets;
- another organisation to whom we may transfer our agreement with you; and
- Government departments where reporting is mandatory under applicable law.
We will disclose your information if we are required to by law. We may disclose your information to enforcement authorities if they ask us to, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so without breaching data protection laws.
We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Your information and your rights
If you are based within the EEA or within another jurisdiction having similar data protection laws, in certain circumstances you have the following rights:
- the right to be told how we use your information and obtain access to your information;
- the right to have your information rectified or erased or place restrictions on processing your information;
- the right to object to the processing of your information e.g. for direct marketing purposes or where the processing is based on our legitimate interests;
- the right to have any information you provided to us on an automated basis returned to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or sent directly to another company, where technically feasible (“data portability”);
- where the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent subject to legal or contractual restrictions;
- the right to object to any decisions based on the automated processing of your personal data, including profiling; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters (e.g. in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office or in Ireland the Data Commissioners Office).
If we hold any information about you which is incorrect or if there are any changes to your details, please let us know so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date.
If you withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information for purposes set out in our Privacy Notice, we may not be able to provide you with access to all or parts of our website, applications, and services.
We will retain your personal information for the duration of our business relationship and afterwards for as long as is necessary and relevant for our legitimate business purposes, in accordance with the HBE’ Data Retention, Marking and Destruction Policy or as otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations. Where we no longer need your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner (without further notice to you).
Security and storage of information
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage. Unfortunately, the internet is not always secure therefore, although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data which is transmitted to our website or other products and services via an internet or similar connection and any transmission will be at your own risk. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of our website, product or service please keep this password safe – we will not share this password with anyone.
If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfers outside of Europe
Personal data in the European Union is protected by data protection laws but other countries do not necessarily protect your personal data in the same way. Our website and all of our products or services are hosted in EU data centres and this means that your personal data will also be stored here and none of your data will go outside EEA. We have taken steps to ensure that our hosting provider uses the necessary level of protection for your information.
Other sites and social media
If you follow a link from our website, application or service to another site or service, this Privacy Notice will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites or services and we encourage you to read the privacy notices appearing on those sites or services.
Our websites, applications or services may enable you to share information with social media sites, or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your social media account. Those social media sites may automatically provide us with access to certain personal information retained by them about you (for example any content you have viewed). You should be able to manage your privacy settings from within your own third party social media account(s) to manage what personal information you enable us to access from that account.
Cookies, Analytics and Traffic Data
Our cookies may be session cookies (temporary cookies that identify and track users within our websites, applications or services which are deleted when you close your browser or leave your session in the application or service) or persistent cookies (cookies which enable our websites, applications or services to “remember” who you are and to remember your preferences within our websites, applications or services and which will stay on your computer or device after you close your browser or leave your session in the application or service).
We use the following different types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies which are needed for our websites, applications or services to function properly, for example, these cookies allow you to access secure areas of our website or to remember what you have put into your shopping basket.
Performance cookies and analytics technologies – These cookies collect information about how visitors and users use our websites, applications and services, for instance which functionality visitors use most often, and if they get error messages from areas of the websites, applications or services. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor or user. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. We only use these cookies to improve how our website, applications and services work.
Functionality cookies – These cookies allow our websites, applications and services to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Targeting or advertising cookies – These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operators’ permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
IP Address and traffic data – We keep a record of traffic data which is logged automatically by our servers, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device information, the website that you visited before ours and the website you visit after leaving our site. We also collect some site, application and service statistics such as access rates, page hits and page views. We are not able to identify any individual from traffic data or site statistics.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit:http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How to disable cookies
You may be able to configure your browser or our website, application or service to restrict cookies or block all cookies if you wish, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website, applications or services. For more information about cookies and instructions on how to adjust your browser settings to accept, delete or reject cookies, see the www.allaboutcookies.org/website.
If you would like further information about data protection, or if you would like to view the register of Data Controllers, you can visit the Information Commissioner’s site at www.dataprotection.ie or www.ico.gov.uk if you are based in the UK.
You can also contact HBE directly by emailing our Data Protection Officer on email@example.com or in writing to Craigmore House, 19 Millvale Road, Newry, Co Down, BT35 7NH or by phone calling +44 (0) 28 3083 9033.
Last updated 25/05/2018